Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lost soul...

So my soul went missing a while back,don't remember the actual day I just know it just wasn't there anymore. For some reason I actually think it walked out on me, I suppose I stopped being attentive and it disappeared. I have since been on the quest , searching aimlessly trying to find this which makes me whole. I must say this has been an emotionally exhausting excursion I had even given up hope of ever finding my joy and today I saw it walk through the front door and sit right next to me.

I don't even think it walked in, waltzed in better describes the grand entrance I witnessed. I was in awe to say the least, for one I didn't think it would recognise me, my insecurities took over and instead of being joyful I became self conscious. My mind was flooded with thoughts that needed answers, but above all else reassurance. As it made itself feel at home and eased within me peace overcame me and without uttering a word all those insecurities were silenced. A ball of fire rose within me and for the first time in months I felt alive, I would have screamed at the top of my lungs but I'm not one for theatrics, its presence was all the comfort I needed.

As I embraced the flow of ink and the overwhelming surge of words and emotions it dawned on me, my soul never left me to begin with, it just transformed into a being I wasn't yet ready to embrace and celebrate. I had been blinded by my own stubbornness refusing to acknowledge this new voice within me that wanted so badly to be let out and heard. As I sat there in the quiet without expectations with silence came a new understanding and acceptance just when I needed it most, the blockage had been lifted.Turns out writing makes me happy to say the least and as I dwell in my Eden I have to say I'm happy to be alive. The walls are down a beam of light is piercing through unapologetic-ally and as the rays warm my cheeks I know I'm home, my voice has found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment