Saturday, March 2, 2013

I am RUNNER...

This is what you look like after you have given your all to the streets, after you have released every inch of energy within you to enable you to move forward and make it to the finish line. Exhausted, energy depleted, wondering why you put yourself through all that, but glad that you did.

There is nothing like running, and before you start running you will never know the feeling, one feels fearless when they run, like anything and everything is possible, and whenever I lace up my shoes , I know that there Is a personal victory that awaits me. I run my own race, every time I go running I challenge myself to do better than I did before, to be stronger than I was yesterday and to not let doubt, overcome me.

I know that I have to let go of all that holds me back and give in, into running, succumb to the power that dwells within and allow it to take over, envelope me and strengthen me. This is a lifestyle choice I want to practice well into my old age, and also be able to pass it on to my girls. We will be a family that runs together, a few things are that precious. When  I started running four months ago, I would have never imagined that it would have brought me so much pleasure, seeing myself move from strength to strength as I  increase my pace has showed me that its not about how slow you start, its about the willingness to do it in the first place, not over thinking it, just doing it.

 I went from having to psyche myself up to go running to now, lacing up and running 5km without even giving it a second thought and for as long as I have mobility the streets will remain my gym, I will lace my shoes and lose myself to the freedom that comes with letting go and just being one with your inner self. Running!

2 comments:

  1. you remain my inspiration. having lost 4kgs so far and not intending to stop. and it was your pictures and updates that gave me the courage to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Ma , I'm proud of you too, for keeping on and not giving up. one day at a time, its all it takes. This has been by far one of the greatest things I have ever embarked on, and the natural high is worth the pain and achy muscles.

    ReplyDelete